Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Bucket List

Or as I could have also titled it "I should be working, but it's my birthday and I don't want to so there".

Oh, and there will be no Morgan Freeman or Jack Nicholson or any other endearing curmudgeon making an appearance in this post (Sidebar: Seriously, how awesome is it to use the word "curmudgeon"?? Love it!! Sounds so smartsy!).

Today is my 31st birthday.  And there's just something about birthdays that put one in the reflective mode, yes? Yes.  So I'm reflecting...on my previous 30 years.

Wow.

No wonder I'm tired.

Everyone has their "List of Things I Want to do Before I Die"...or as the movie so cutely put it, "The List of Things I Want to do Before I Kick the Bucket", which I guess is still really long or whatever, so they shortened it to: "The Bucket List", right?

So today, I made one.  And then I realized I had done a lot of the things on it.  How does that happen?!?! I'm not old enough to have done all of these things?!?! What the hell??!?

Don't believe me? Check it out:

-Skydive.
-See Europe.  Wait...
-See the parts of Europe that I really want to revisit (Italy and Spain) while avoiding the parts that were gloomy and cold.
-Party in Vegas. Done that one a couple of times.
-Party in New Orleans. Check.
-Party in general. Check.  Check.  Check.  Check.
-Rodeo. Check.
-Act in a play. Check. (Okay, it was high school, but still....)
-Get a tattoo. Check and check.
-Go to Mardi Gras. (possibly in the plans for this coming February...stay tuned!)
-Sing karaoke. Check.
-Sing karaoke in Vegas. Check.
-Sing karaoke in New Orleans. Check. (Yes, I love the karaoke...don't judge)
-Drink mimosas on Sunday mornings for no reason other than they're fantastic. Double check.
-Go on a cruise.
-Snow ski. I'm not good at it, but I'm going to call this one a Check.
-See at least one Broadway show a year (even if it's off Broadway).  Check.
-Enjoy being single. Check.
-Volunteer with children. Check.
-Get a dog. Triple check.
-Get married. Last time I checked...
-Enjoy being married. Check....mostly.
-Go on dates with my husband. Check.
-Keep in touch with old friends. Check (Still hang out with my friends from high school...and NOT just because of Facebook.)
-Have a kid. Check.
-Enjoy having a kid. Check.
-Take a family vacation to Disney World/Land.
-Start and maintain a blog. Check....oh, and you're welcome.
-Buy a house.

So basically, I have to skydive, go to Italy and Spain, go on a cruise, hit Disney and then buy a house and I'm all good???

Holy shit, dude.  I could die in like 10 years if *this* is all I have left to accomplish.

What's on your Bucket List?? Just curious....tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment